Dear Trick or Toke,
First of all, a Halloweed party is a brilliant holiday tradition that I will definitely be stealing from you next year. One of my favorite parts of Halloween growing up were the kitchy, spooky-shaped treats that, frankly, often looked better than they tasted. There’s one exception, though, where presentation is an afterthought while still being super cute: the classic Cup of Dirt.
As you might know, Dirt Cups are a pudding-based dessert, layered with Oreo cookie crumbs and often dressed with creepy, crawly gummy worms or spiders. To add an extra Halloween touch, you could also add little candy corn pumpkins and Milano cookie gravestones — depending on the level of effort you want to exert.
In order to infuse them with our favorite plant, you’ll need to replace the recipe’s traditional milk with cannamilk. Cannamilk is one of the simpler infusions to make, so don’t fear — I’ll walk you through exactly how to whip it up.
How to Make Cannamilk
- 3.5 -7 grams, depending on your desired dose, of dried cannabis flower
- 2 cups of milk
Decarboxylate (“Decarb”) Your Cannabis
To infuse your milk, you first need to decarboxylate your bud to activate the THC. Though it may be hard to pronounce, the process of decarboxylating is easy.
- Bake even-sized nugs (don’t grind them up too finely to avoid burning the plant) on a baking sheet at 240°F for 25-45 minutes (drier cannabis will require less time).
- Flip the cannabis nugs halfway through to ensure even baking.
Infuse the Milk
- Place your decarbed bud into the large saucepan on a stove over medium-low heat. Pour in milk and whisk the two together.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until a food thermometer reads the temperature as 220°F.
- Once the temperature reaches 220°F, maintain it for about 45 minutes.
- Once the infusion is complete, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Slowly pour the cannamilk through a fine mesh strainer into a clean jug for storing.
- Repeat this process if desired/necessary. This should remove the majority of plant matter, but the more you filter your weed milk, the better the taste it will taste and smoother it will be.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Now that you have your key ingredient, you’re ready to make your spooky dirt cups.
How to Make Weedy Halloween “Dirt” Cups
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 box of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Cannamilk
- Gummy Worms/Spiders and Candy Pumpkins (if desired)
- Milano Cookies (if desired, for headstones)
- Black Writing Icing (if desired, for headstones)
- Whisk together pudding mix and cannamilk in a medium size bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well combined. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to chill.
- While the pudding is chilling, chop your Oreos in a food processor or blender until the crumbs are quite fine.
- Fill up small, wide cups (Martini glasses make a fun twist) with the pudding mixture until approximately ⅓ of the way full.
- Top with a small amount of the crushed Oreos.
- Repeat the layering process until full, topping with Oreo crumbs in all of the cups.
- If desired, write RIP on the top half of your Milano cookies with writing icing. wait for them to dry and stick into the top of the glass.
- If desired, top with gummy spiders/worms and candy cane pumpkins.
Please send me pictures of any infused Halloween treats you make and check out on our TikTok!
Happy high haunting.
Got a burning question or pot topic you want to discuss with our Stoner-in-Residence? Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “ASK A STONER” or DM us on Instagram @sackville.and.co for a chance to be featured.