Ask A Stoner ~ How to Plan a Weed Party
Dear Pot Party Animal,
First of all – good for you! Getting sober from alcohol is no easy feat, and smoking weed can be a powerful harm-reduction tactic for those living with addiction. I understand your association with smoking weed socially as a That 70’s Show-style basement hang, but we’ve come a long way since Jefferson Airplane and bong water-stained shag carpets, baby.
You can consume THC in almost every form you can imagine at this point – from wearable patches to imitation Lucky Charms – which makes it much easier for people who aren’t into smoking to try getting high in a form they’re more comfortable with. Be sure to keep any communal goods low dose, though, as it’s much easier to get your guests high than it is to get them un-high. For the Pot Party of your dreams, try swapping your former alcoholic beverage of choice with low milligram THC-infused hard seltzers so your guests can choose their own adventure on dosage.
Some, though, will prefer to toke the old-fashioned way, which is where we can infuse a touch of glamor. I’m never not thinking about the bowls of cigarettes featured at Mary-Kate Olsen’s wedding, so I always make a nod to this iconic party favor by leaving out my favorite vessel (mine is a ceramic cow) filled to the brim with pre-rolls for easy toking during any gathering. Even better, mine’s chock-full of S&Co’s cones in every color, so there’s never a question on whose is whose.
For those who want to rip the bong, you’ll want to ensure you’re not stuck re-filling the grinder all night, twisting until your wrists turn to mush. The Gilded Grinder is perfect for chic weed-friendly parties such as your own, with a deep bottom vessel that’s guaranteed to hold as much bud as you can smoke – all night long.
10 Tips on How to Plan a Weed Party
For the hazey rager of your dream, here are a few essential tips to keep in mind
1. Be sure to let people know what the vibe will be when you’re inviting them. If you know someone isn’t down with the plant, you might want to leave them off the list for this one. A guest list will also help you determine how much weed you need.
2. Choose the right location. If you're inviting a lot of people, you'll want to make sure the space is big enough and that there's good ventilation. You don't want your guests to get too stoned in the hotbox and start feeling claustrophobic!
3. Stock up on snacks and drinks. Your guests are going to get hungry, so make sure you have plenty of munchies on hand. And don't forget the water to keep hydrating!
4. Decide on the music. Weed and music go hand-in-hand, so choose a playlist that will get your guests dancing and grooving all night long.
5. Set up a photobooth. This is optional, but it's never a bad idea to put out some goofy props and silly backgrounds to remember the night by.
6. Make sure you have plenty of weed. This is the most important part! You don't want your guests to run out, so make sure there is plenty to go around.
7. Get creative with your smoking supplies. Bongs, pipes, joints, vapes... there are so many ways to get high, so have fun with it!
8. Play some games— all of your favorite drinking games will do as long as you replace a sip with a puff.
9. Be sure to have plenty of lighters — people’s pockets notoriously get hungry at parties.
10. Have a designated driver. This is important! Make sure you have someone who can drive your guests home safely at the end of the night.
By following these tips, you're sure to throw the best weed party ever! Sackville & Co. can help provide the favors.
Other than your favorite accessories, all you’ll need is the perfect playlist and your favorite munchies for a fun-filled, 420-fueled time. Please tag us on Instagram and TikTok with shots from your end-of-summer, canna-chic parties! I’m always looking for inspiration. Cheers to hangover-free mornings!
Got a burning question or pot topic you want to discuss with our Stoner-in-residence? Write into firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ASK A STONER” or DM us on Instagram @sackville.and.co for a chance to be featured.